Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Taste of Xiao Long Bao



Lately, I am having a confusion whether I love Chinese food more than Japanese. For quite a few months before, I never tire myself of eating sushi and maki, even everyday. But now that I have finally found a few good restaurants, I'm beginning to lust over Chinese food more--most especially the Xiao Long Bao.

Xiao Long Bao, pronounced as "shao-long-pao," was introduced to me when I lived in China a few years back. It has become a staple food as it has been one of the most delicious food for me in China, even when bought on the side of the streets.

Xiao Long Bao is commonly known as a "soup dumpling," mainly because what makes it different from other dumplings is that, it has a liquid inside each dumpling. I may say that I have practiced the art of eating xiao long bao, as not being very careful in eating it might lead to squirting the soup when you take a bite.

At Din Tai Fung, Junction8, Bishan, taking a quick look at my Xiao Long Bao, before I devour those 10 pieces all by myself.

*Apologies for the long hiatus. Blame it on the creative block. Blame it on the numerous work loads. Blame it on eating a lot lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment