Thursday, June 21, 2007

I want to be...

1. A BARISTA!

When I was still in China, Karla and I have always dreamed to be a barista at Starbucks. I never had the chance to apply here in the Philippines because my mind was too preoccupied with so many things, and I was thinking that if ever I work as a barista here in the Philippines, it has to be somewhere far, where there would be little or no chance that someone might bump into me, and would ask me what the hell happened to me! That's why when I was in Malaysia, friends pushed me to sign up and apply. But of course, I left Malaysia already, and it's too late for them to call now or on the next days to come.


2. A HOTEL SINGER!

I was at Diamond Hotel with Min the other day and I saw and heard a guy singing his heart out. It was so beautiful and almost perfect. I've sung so many times in different places, but just for the fun of it. I've always loved singing. And I thougt that if ever I would make it as a career, I will never get tired of pleasing people from all walks of life.


3. A CHILDREN'S BOOK ILLUSTRATOR

I know this is new. I was at a bookstore yesterday trying to look for another good book to read, but I end up looking at illustrated children's books, with which some of the illustrators carry very familiar names. And a thought got into my mind. I wanted to draw for these books. I want to make children happy. This is the newest added to all the dreams I want to pursue. So if anyone of my readers is in great need of my services, I can offer you help! for free even! I just want to be a children's book illustrator!


When I had the chance to be alone with myself a few days back, I got a lot of time to reflect on things and circumstances. I've realized that I got so many plans in mind. Having so many plans and so many destinations to go to, and so many paths to take, I always end up on a detour. It got me nowhere else to go. And though I have a list here of the things I want to be, I have a career path that I am taking. And nobody can ever stop me from climbing up that ladder. Min told me about a saying that her father told her that she will never forget.

"A rolling stone gathers no moss."

It was something I will never forget. even maybe in my lifetime. During the last few weeks, I felt I kept on rolling. I never stopped at one place. I didn't dwell on what's really essential. on what's really necessary. And becasue of it, I gathered no moss. I gathered nothing.

Everything's coming into proper places now for me, I guess.

For now, I just want to keep still.
I don't want to keep on rolling.
So I can start to gather moss.

No comments:

Post a Comment